My Significant Life Experience

A significant life experience for me this past year happened during the summer. My dad and I went to get me a new cello at a music shop in Rome. We found one that was the exact size, bigger than the one I had before. It was a cello from a famous German brand called Gewa. The lady that worked at the shop told us it was one of the most famous brands for musical instruments. When we finally bought it and had gone through all the factures, to then ship it here, I was enthusiastic. I couldn’t stop smiling for the rest of the day. As soon as we got home, I started studying for hours just to hear the deep sound it made. The next few days, as we had numerous lunches between family and friends, I was able to perform for them.  I think that was the most important part of my summer. It was a turning point for me because I finally understood that I have to be 100% committed to the cello. I realized that with it, I couldn’t find any excuses to actually not playing and with it, I was required to perform the quality jump. I think it really was step ahead for me.

11 comments on “My Significant Life ExperienceAdd yours →

1. I’m so glad you found a passion like this. Life is so much more interesting when you fill it with things like this.

2. That’s amazing! It’s always great to have a passion like that! I’d love to hear you play. What inspired you to start playing the cello in the first place?

1. My best friend sent me a link of a cello piece she heard that she really liked. Then I started listening to it more often and I my school had a cello so I started taking cello lessons.

1. Yeah, I’ve been playing cello for 4 years now. No, I prefer playing solo. Though sometimes, I play along with my brother or sister.

3. Dear Emma,
    Wow! What a cool opportunity! I played piano for 6 years, but it wasn’t really my passion. How old were you when you began playing? And what intrigued you to play?
    You can find my blog at https://brooke2am.edublogs.org/
    Thank you for your time,
    -Brooke

1. Hi Brooke,
      I started playing the cello when I was 10 years old and now I’m 14. Before that I also played piano for 5 years though I dropped it for cello. My brother though, still plays piano after 7 years. I loved the sound of the cello when I listened to it which inspired me. Thanks for reading my blog.